First Presbyterian Church has a student loan fund administered by the FPC Student Loan Committee. Any student pursuing higher education through academic, vocational or graduate studies through an accredited secondary education institute may apply.
The student loan committee meets each spring to consider applications.
The 2024 deadline for submitting a Student Loan Application is Friday, March 15.
How This Works:
- Download the Student Loan Application.
- Complete and mail the application no later than March 15 to FPC, Attn: Student Loan Committee, 820 Colonial Avenue, Norfolk, VA 23507 or email to Lee Ann Warstler, email@example.com.
- Include an essay, three letters of recommendation, current academic transcript and a statement of financial need (including your Federal FAFSA form*) with your application. March 15 is a fixed deadline and applicants should ensure that all documents are submitted by the cutoff date to ensure they receive full consideration. (Due to uncertainties related to deployment of the new version of the FAFSA form by the Department of Education, we are allowing applicants to apply using the 2024 version of the form, or to submit a FAFSA using an earlier version, as long as the information contained in the form is up to date.)
- The Student Loan Committee will review all applications and may call you for an interview, if they deem it appropriate.
- The Committee will respond to all applicants in April. If you are approved for a loan, the amount awarded will be sent to the academic institute of your choice during the summer for the Fall semester and a second amount will be sent for the Spring Semester.
- If you have any questions, contact Lee Ann Warstler (757) 625-1697 or firstname.lastname@example.org.